I just attended another USAC Webinar and noticed that these webinars are very informative. They provide an applicant view, on a nationwide scale, of basic E-Rate topics as well some advanced related topics with respect to the E-Rate program rules and procedures. They do not provide specific training related to Utah or any individual State or territory consisting of E-Rate eligible entities.
I would highly suggest attending upcoming sessions or viewing the recorded sessions available. These sessions should give a good background of E-Rate procedures and rules. You can see the webinar offering and recorded lists at https://www.usac.org/sl/about/outreach/training/webinars.aspx.
Keep in mind these USAC prepared webinar events/training materials do not include specific discussion of services and resources provided by the UETN Consortia. We will provide those and additional resources and training opportunities to support these USAC materials. It would be beneficial for you to review the USAC materials at your convenience prior to attending our specifically targeted and related training events. During these USAC developed sessions, USAC may refer to State related topics, please contact me if you have questions or attend our offered training events to learn about these.
I would suggest the following the sequence below for a general review and a focus upon the FY2019 E-Rate applications processes:
2. Basic Concepts (13:30 minutes) (https://www.usac.org/_res/video/sl/02-basic-concepts/index.html)
3. E-rate Filing Process Overview (13:56 minutes | Beginner)
4. Competitive Bidding (20:26 minutes) (https://www.usac.org/_res/video/sl/10-comp-bidding/index.html)
5. Gift Rules (1:50 minutes | July 2017)
6. Understanding Competitive Bidding (1 hour, 27 minutes | August 2018) - Deeper discussions
7. Eligible Services (13:30 minutes) (https://www.usac.org/_res/video/sl/07-eligible-services/index.html)
9. Finishing Funding Year (FY) 2018 (10:54 minutes) – Includes CIPA
10. Introduction to E-rate Productivity Center (EPC) (11:04 minutes | Beginner) (https://www.usac.org/_res/video/sl/03-intro-epc/index.html)
b. Updating Applicant Profiles (46 minutes)
11. FCC Form 470 Video Series Filing FY2019 Form 470 (https://www.usac.org/sl/about/outreach/fcc-form-470-video-series.aspx)
12. Starting FY2019 (9:53 minutes) (https://www.usac.org/_res/video/sl/05-startingFY2019/index.html)
13. FCC Form 471 Video Series Filing FY2019 Form 471 Applications
14. Understanding PIA Review 55 minutes | April 2018
….More to come